TigerDirect

Monday, July 5, 2010

Our Next Photographer Is Jodi Scyphers From Idaho

Below she will tell us about herself and her photography:

My name is Jodi Scyphers, I am married, a graphic designer and photograper in the daytime and I live in Lewiston Idaho. I am new to Zazzle and am still in the process of setting up my store, but please take a look, and let me know what you think.

I have lived in Idaho my entire life. For the past 15 years I have worked as a whitewater rafting guide during the summer. Besides being able to take action and scenery shots, I found that I really enjoyed taking candid photos of my guests when they had no idea that the moment was being captured. They enjoyed the pictures that were true to the experience and not staged to make the 'perfect portrait.

As my new found interest grew, so did my bill at the local store specializing in cameras and custom developing. To help support my hobby I took a part time position in their photo lab. For 10 years I printed photos on a Konica Nice Print system, and did custom enlargements {which I loved doing} in the darkroom. I loved being able to see the wide variety of images that came through the lab each day. During that time I developed a strong opinion of what I believe makes a good image and what does not. So many of the pictures that I printed over the years seemed so busy and full of clutter, I think there is an art to knowing when less is more.

Below are three of her photos with links to bigger photos:

 

      

     


 

No comments:

Post a Comment