TigerDirect

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Our Newest Photographer Is Claire Shearer From Scotland

Below, Claire  will tell us about her work:


Hi there, my name is Claire and I'm from bonny Scotland! I have been into photography for a couple of years and over that time I have got more and more into it. I love landscape, still life and floral photography. I spend a lot of my spare time traveling to scenic spots to take photos and my last holiday was a photography trip to the beautiful Isle of Skye.

I have been on Zazzle for 6 months and the last couple of months things have really been going well here. I'm am truly a Zazzle addict!! I get a huge buzz when I sell products and the biggest buzz comes when I sell my landscape prints as they are what I'm most proud of.
I recently bought my first DSLR a Sony A300 and I’m loving the creative possibilities it allows. My other equipment: Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, Tamron 90mm f2.8, Sony 55-200 f4.5-5.6, A selection of ND Cokin P filters, and Hoya Polarizer. I absolutely love landscape photography especially up in the Highlands of Scotland and also enjoy taking abstract macros in the comfort of my home. I’m truly hooked on photography and hopefully this is only the beginning. 


I love the instant result you get with a digital camera, I was good at art,but often I didn’t have the patience for taking days to complete one piece of work. Since then I have thrown myself into photography and become more passionate about it as time has gone by. I love the creative possibilities that are opened up with an SLR and have become interested in several areas of photography. My favorite type is fine art landscape photography, I especially love long exposure shots that show movement in some way. I am based in Livingston, West Lothian which means several good photographic locations are within easy reach and the dramatic Highlands are within a 2 hr drive. Taking photographs around Scotland has really opened my eyes to the beauty of the country and I feel lucky to live here.

I am constantly searching for the rare moments when perfect light brings a photograph to life. I have set goals to always improve and become a better photographer. I personally think the learning curve is endless and this is only the beginning, it’s exciting to think about what the future may hold in store.

Thanks for viewing my work and please feel free to contact me with your comments, they will be greatly appreciated. 


Following are 3 of her fotos with links to that product: 



  

   


  

2 comments:

  1. These are great!Wishing you lots of success=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic photos! I love the clarity, color and perspective. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete