TigerDirect

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our Latest Photographer Is St. David 2nd From North West London, U.K.

Below he will tell us a bit about himself, and his work:



St David 2nd is my retirement project, after I was forced to take early retirement due to ill health a couple of years ago. I have long had an interest in photography (had a nice Pentax SLR, did my own developing etc), but limited time in which to pursue it up until now. However in the year following my retirement I picked up some of the threads again, entered a couple of my photos into an exhibition with a local society and tried my hand at printing photographic greetings cards at home. These proved to be popular with family and friends, and so I decided to upload some of my designs onto an internet site.

To date I've got about 80 designs uploaded making around 120 products, with many more in the pipeline. I work with digital photography and enjoy the effects that can be achieved by digital editing, and around 50% of my work comprises "manipulated" prints rather than traditional photographs.

The Zazzle community seems really friendly and I have had some helpful tips to get around the software and set up a store. I also appreciate opportunities like this and hope I will soon be able to offer to promote other people's stuff.

At the moment I'm using a fairly modest Kodak Z915 to see how the project goes before investing in something more expensive, but it has 10mP and a 10x zoom so it's fairly versatile and I'm pleased with some of the results as I hope the selection of posters below show.





No comments:

Post a Comment